It stands to reason that golf here will knock your Argyle socks off.
Tetherow Golf Course — year in, year out, one of Golf Digest's Top 100.
Start with a few thousand acres of rolling, mostly treeless terrain. Mix in stunning views of the Cascades. Add an architect who has collected numerous awards for his work at places like Bandon Dunes and the St. Andrews Castle Course in Scotland. And you’ve got the makings of a truly exceptional golf course in a region that knows a thing or two about the sport.
The golf world certainly knows all about Tetherow Golf Course. Upon opening in 2008, Tetherow was ranked as Golf Magazine’s Best New Course You Can Play in the Country. And the accolades have continued to roll in ever since:
- Top 100 Best Residential Courses – Golfweek, 2010-2018
- Top 100 Courses in the US ~ Golf Digest, 2011- 2018
- Best Courses You Can Play, Oregon ~ Golfweek, 2009-2018
- Top 100 Greatest Public Courses – Golf Digest, 2014, 2018
- World’s #1 Resort ~ Booking.com, 2015
- Central Oregon’s Best Golf Course ~ The Source Weekly, 2013
- Best Golf Hole in Bend: Tetherow #17 ~ Central Oregon Magazine, 2011
- #3 America’s Best New Courses ~ Golf Digest, 2009
- Best Golf Courses ‘Best of The Best’ ~ Exclusives: Robb Report, 2009
- Development of the Year – Finalist ~ Golf Inc, 2009-2010
- #1 Best New Course You Can Play in the Country ~ Golf Magazine, 2008
- Best New Course of the Year ~ Golf Magazine, 2008
- Premier Properties, Best for Resort Lifestyle ~ Links Magazine, 2008-2010
Set against a backdrop of snowy Cascade peaks, including the Three Sisters and Broken Top, the 7,298-yard links-style course flows gracefully with the natural terrain, offering an ever-challenging assortment of holes framed by ragged bunkers, knobs and knolls.
Committed to preserving its natural landscape, Tetherow is the first golf course in Oregon to become certified as an Audubon International Signature Sanctuary. It’s also the first course in Central Oregon to introduce GolfBoards, the revolutionary way to maneuver around the course and speed up play. Riders stand upright on a four-wheeled board, which carries your bag and whisks you from tee to green. GolfBoards significantly reduce wear and tear on the turf, while giving you the feeling of surfing without waves.
All Tartan Druim homeowners can take advantage of a variety of membership options at the Tetherow Golf Club. The course is typically open from April to November and its state-of-the-art Golf Academy is in the swing of things all year round, offering two all-weather hitting bays for lessons, clinics, and video-assisted swing analysis.